Sourdough French toast is the perfect combo of sweet and sour. It is a great way to use day old bread and a quick breakfast!
Step by Step Instructions
Measure and mix 3/4 cup milk, 1 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1 egg, and 3/4 tsp cinnamon in a bowl.
2. Cut Bread
Cut bread into 4 slices, each 1/2 inch thick.
3. Heat Pan.
Heat pan on medium. Once hot add butter and let dissolve.
Take a slice of bread and dunk it into the bowl. Flip the bread and submerge the other side. Place the soaked bread into pan. Repeat with three other slices.
Cook for 2-3 minutes each side until brown. Add desired toppings.
- 4 pieces
- 5 minutes
- 5 minutes
- (4) 1/2 in. slices sourdough sandwich bread
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp butter
- whipped cream
- maple syrup
- powdered sugar
- Mix. Measure and mix milk, vanilla, egg, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Bread. Cut bread into 1/2 in slices.
- Heat Pan. Heat pan on medium and add butter once pan is hot.
- Soak. Soak each side of the bread in the bowl and then place in pan.
- Cook. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side until brown. Add syrup or powdered sugar with fruit and whipped cream!
More delicious sourdough recipes
This is one of the many fantastic sourdough recipes available on this blog